Monday, August 18, 2008

Lake Texoma


What a wonderful weekend with my husband! We went on our annual Dolese trip to Lake Texoma. This is the closest thing that we ever get to a vacation. And since it is all paid for, we can afford it too!
We left Friday afternoon. Molly kept both boys for us. After packing for them, then for us, then loading them, us, and all our stuff, we were wondering if it was even worth going! LOL
But finally, we got the kids dropped off and were on our way. Friday night we had a fish fry then got to go out on the big boat. Looks more like a miniature yacht to me, but they call it a boat. Got to watch the sunset on the lake. Beautiful. Saturday morning, we got up early to go fishing with a guide. I was the only woman who went, so I had to show the guys what I was made of, haha. I did succed in out-fishing them number wise, but Mike ended up catching the biggest fish our guide had seen this year! An 11 pound striper! It was awesome! (see pic on side). So, needless to say, Mike is finally happy to be able to say that he out-fished his wife!
That afternoon, after a huge homemade breakfast, we took out the seadoos and boats. Went out and relaxed on one of the "islands" out there. Later we got in the hot tub until time to clean up for our steak supper. After stuffing ourselves, everybody played dice games until about 10pm. Then we crashed. Mike and a couple others went fishing again yesterday morning, but I slept in. We made it home by about 3:30 to get the boys in Olney. I was so ready to see them! Molly swears they were good for her, which I questioned many times. I sure hope so! Anyway, it was a wondeful time that Mike and I needed to have together. Can't wait until next year!

No comments:

Post a Comment