Friday, November 7, 2008

Good news...hard recovery

It's been a rough couple of days. We had Mason's scan on Wednesday. He had to have a catheter and an IV to complete the scan. As much as I love Cook's hospital, I wish sometimes they would just sedate him before doing these procedures. The IV went well, there was a really nice lady who came to talk to him and show him what they were going to do. The catheter, didn't go so well. We had to hold him down, and they had trouble getting it in. It seemed like it took forever to get it in. By the time it was in, Mason was hysterical, I was crying, my mom was crying, and the two nurses were shook up. It was pretty rough. The scan itself though, went awesome. They didn't even do the second half because his kidney was draining so well. This hasn't ever happened! They kept asking me if he'd had some procedure done since the last time, cause he looked so much better. I can't explain the improvement, but I'll take it! It was so nice to leave there with good news for once. My poor mom got a taste of what we've been through with Mason since he was born, it's hard to see him going through stuff like that. He bounced back pretty quick, but couldn't go to the bathroom on his own. The catheter made him pretty sore. Yesterday morning, he was still in really bad pain, so I had to stay home with him again. I won't go into all the details, but it was rough. Seeing your child in so much pain and trying to make them do something that hurts them...well...I'm just emotionally drained. By 3 yesterday afternoon, he finally got some relief. And now he's feeling 100% better. Amazing how quick he bounces back. Luckily we shouldn't have to do any procedures for a long while since he's doing so well.

No comments:

Post a Comment