What a long day. Little man Sam is sick, sick. Yesterday about 3, Amber texted me at work that Sam sounded like he was wheezing. He kinda sounds like that when his reflux is acting up, so I wasn't too worried. Then about 3:45 she calls me and tells me that he's really wheezing and seems to be having trouble breathing. I left work and rushed over to get him. Still wondering if it was really just reflux. When I got there he looked terrible. His little face was flushed, he'd started running fever, and he sounded terrible. You could just hear his chest rattle with every breath. He seemed to be struggling to breath! I rushed him home and gave him a breathing treatment while calling our dr. The treatment seemed to take the severity out of the wheezing, but he still sounded like a panting dog. Finally an hour later the dr called and said he most likely had RSV. Come to find out, two other kids at daycare were out with RSV. And the dr said it was going around really bad. So we started a steroid and breathing treatments every two hours. He did really good last night, but this morning he got to sounding really bad again. Then he was digging in his ears. Just to feel better, I ran him up to the clinic to make sure he was okay. Sure enough, double ear infections. His oxygen levels were good, even though he sounded so bad. So, that was a relief. We've spent the day at home, doing breathing treatments every few hours. He's actually been acting pretty good for as sick as he is. Playing and eating. Didn't get really fussy until about 5pm. All I know is this RSV is some scary stuff! Crazy how fast it hit him! Mason had it as a baby, but I don't remember him sounding this bad. The dr said today that statewide all the hospitals are full of RSV babies. Scary stuff.
I'm sorry! It's so sad when your babies are sick. Hope Sam's feeling better soon!
ReplyDelete