This morning the boys and I were enjoying a quiet day at home and it started raining. I love to watch the rain so I took the boys out into the garage to see outside. It was one of those nice steady rains with no thunder or lightening. Beautiful. Immediately Mason asked if he could go play in the rain. I immediately replied no, you can't play in the rain. Then it hit me. Why the hell not? Why can't he play in the rain? So I told him sure, get out there! And I took a seat with Sam in the garage and watched Mason head out into the rain in his undies. And he ran, stomped, danced, jumped, and laughed with the pure abandon and joy that a five year old boy can find playing in the rain. Even stood with his head back catching raindrops on his tongue. Once again, it's the little things.
Lord, help me to remember to say yes once in a while...
No comments:
Post a Comment