Monday, April 14, 2008

Motor-mouth

You know, you always hear that saying, something about the first few years of your kids lives you can't wait for them to talk, then the next few years you can't wait for them to shut up. Well, I completely understand it! Although, Mason was born talking. Well, I take that back. He really didn't "talk" too much right after birth due to all the wonderful drugs that they had given me while trying to get his stubborn little butt here. But once they wore off, he made his presence known, and has never stopped. He is four, and full of questions and demands. And he asks these questions, and makes these demands, at the top of his voice. He doesn't comprehend using your "quiet voice". For instance, shopping with him in Target several months ago he was giving me a running narration of everything we went past. "momma, there are diapers. momma there are cokes. momma there are toys, can I have one, can I, can I, can I??. momma, look there are some of those things like you wear!(bras)" So by this time, I'm getting a little aggravated, embarrassed, etc. So I told him to lower his voice while we were in the store. And my beautiful, intelligent little boy says at the top of his voice, "Why momma, cause not everyone wants to hear what I have to say?" Of course people are all around me and cracking up, and what can I do but laugh at him? I have a feeling Mason is going to get out of more trouble in his life just by saying the first thing that comes to his mind, in his loudest voice possible, with a big grin. So, I try to remind myself when I'm really wanting him to be quiet for just one minute, that I need to enjoy my little intelligent motor-mouth. Because one of these days it will probaly be like pulling teeth to get him to talk to his momma.

No comments:

Post a Comment