Mason has an imaginary friend named Buddy. He only comes to visit every now and then. Mainly when Mason is deep in play by himself, and needs someone to talk to. Or when Mason has been in trouble and wants to take his anger out on his friend. My son is very bossy. I have no clue where he gets this from. Okay. I'm lying. I know very well where he gets this from. But, I have to admit I admire his leadership and his standout way of making his ideas and opinions known. Yeah, Yeah, but he's still a very bossy 5 year old. And he loves to boss around his friend Buddy. I guess because Buddy can't talk back. I find it very amusing listening to Mason and Buddy's conversations. It's usually very cute and funny. However, it is not cute and funny when he's been aggravating me all morning while trying to get dressed, and he decides to go yell at his friend Buddy like I have been yelling at him.
This morning, going through our usual routine, Buddy was here for a visit. While putting makeup on, I could hear their conversation. "Buddy, be quiet. Buddy, I said be quiet. Buddy, you are going to wake up Sam and I will be very upset with you. Buddy, get dressed. I said get dressed. Wrong foot, other foot, I said other foot. Please be quiet. Hush! Don't look at me that way! Do you want to go trick or treating tommorrow??"
Cute, huh? Amazing how he can't remember to brush his teeth or put the toilet seat down, but he can remember every word out of my mouth when I'm getting on to him.
Park City Utah
4 years ago
Um, I think Buddy was at our house last night in the bathtub with Koy!!!
ReplyDelete