Friday, December 12, 2008

Mama does the Christmas Dash

Mike and I had decided that Santa Clause was going to get the boys a Nintendo Wii. We were waiting for Mike's Christmas bonus to be able to afford it. Well, this week, he got a Walmart Gift card from work, with enough money to afford the Wii. So yesterday, on my lunch break, I casually run down to Sam's to buy my Wii. I'm laughed at by the boy working there, who tells me they are sold out and not getting anymore until after Christmas. So, I jump in the car and run over to Walmart. Get the same response. So, now I'm getting worried. I come back to work and think I will just order it online and have it shipped. Wrong again. Sold out online. So, now, I'm officially panicking. I start calling different Walmart stores, and no one has one. Ebay has tons of them, but I'm stuck with a Walmart gift card to pay with! Finally, I call the Graham Walmart and I'm told they have just got 3 in and they are about to put them out. I ask if I can send my uncle to pick it up, and I'll pay over the phone with my gift card. They tell me no. I hang up. Thinking. I call back and talk to someone else this time. Beg him to save me one and I'll be there by 4:00 to get it. After being rude and giving me a hard time, he finally agrees to save it, but I have to be there by 4:00. It's 5 til 3. I jump in the car (yes, I left work to do this) and I'm racing to Graham. I'm already envisioning myself throwing a screaming fit in the middle of Walmart if I don't get a Wii, and being escorted out by security. On the way there, I happen to talk to mom and tell her what's going on. Turns out, she knows the boy who is holding it for me. So, I tell her to pull mom rank for me. She calls and tells him I'm her daughter and he better be nice and hold it for me. I got there at 5 after 4:00. And he had it for me. I told him who I was and he says yeah, your mom called me. Kinda like, yeah, you tattled to your mom, here's your Wii. I just smiled my biggest smile and thanked him profusely. So, end of story, we got a Wii. I told Mike our little brats better dang sure appreciate it!! HaHa
The things we do for our kids!!

Here's Sam in his Christmas Hat that mom picked up for him. Almost too small for his big head!


Today was pajama day at Mason's school. My son, the original, wanted to wear his cowboy boots with them. I let him. He looked so redneck, but he was so proud. Only Mason could pull it off.

No comments:

Post a Comment