Monday, April 13, 2009

Lots of Info

Where to start? Last Wednesday was Sam's 15 month check up. He weighs 27 and 1/2 pounds and is 32 and 1/2 inches tall. He's actually losing some weight finally. Running off some of that baby fat! I was bragging to the doctor that he seems to finally be healthy, other than his allergies, and before I could even knock on wood the doctor said he had double ear infections again! I asked about tubes in his ears, but the doctor said he wasn't that bad and his ear infections are from allergies and this dry air right now. So we left with 3 shots, another antibiotic, and the reassurance that he's perfectly healthy!
Friday I had the day off since Sam's daycare was closed. Mason went to school until noon for the Easter Egg Hunt. Afterwards we went to dad and Nancy's to visit for the afternoon. They kept the boys for me while I did some shopping. I haven't got to to that without hauling a little boy around in forever! That evening we all went and watched Mason's t-ball game. This is always good for entertainment.
Saturday was just a good relaxing day. Mike got the yard all cleaned up. I guess not very relaxing for him, lol! Then we went and drove through the ranch and made our way out to Pageant to visit with Cary and family. Mason got to see a rattlesnake for the first time. Thank goodness he was appropriately scared! Everyone we have seen since has got to hear his rattlesnake story.
Yesterday was Easter. And it was such a good day. We went to church with Mike's family. Then had lunch at his parent's house with Ira and his family. We had a little Easter egg hunt there then went out to the homeplace for Easter with my mom, David, Randy and family. It was such a pretty day and we were even thankful for the mud! Such a relief to get some rain. Mom and David bought a tractor, so Mason and Lexi had to take a round in that. It had been a long day by the time we got home. But it was one of those days where you count your blessings for the family you have.
So, now it's Monday. I was a nervous wreck this morning. I was scheduled to take a nursing entrance exam at 10 am. I have decided to go back to school to get my RN license. I am probably completely out of my mind, but I'm going to try it. If I can get in this year, I will start the actual program in September and graduate in two years. To get in this year, I will have to take 3 courses this summer. Also to get in, I had to take an entrance exam. I was very nervous because it has been forever since I've taken a test! But, long story short, I took it this morning and passed! Yea! So now I just have to register for my summer courses, apply, and pray that I get in. This summer is going to be really hard for us with me taking such time consuming courses. Mike is being really supportive and telling me to go for it. My boss is also being supportive, which is such a relief. So, looks like momma is going back to school...

No comments:

Post a Comment